8th Annual Benefit Fall One-Day HS Shootout
$5 Credit Card Processing Fee Included in Price
Captains Girls Basketball Camps
8th Annual Fall One-Day HS Shootout
- 3 Games Guaranteed
- Each team will receive (10) FREE shootout t-shirts.
- Educational session on "The Recruiting Process" led by CNU coaching staff.
- Games Officiated by certified HS officials / college coaches and players.
- All proceeds to benefit the CNU Women's Basketball Program.
October 12th, 2019
Cost: $175 per Team
Limit: 40 Team Maximum
Registration Deadline: October 9th at 11:59 p.m.
(Wait List will be formed after the first 40 TEAMS have registered online or by phone.)
**A $15.00 DISCOUNT PER TEAM APPLIES FOR
2 OR MORE TEAMS FROM THE SAME SCHOOL**
FACILITY: The Freeman Center, on the CNU campus, corner of Warwick Blvd & University Place
ATHLETIC TRAINING: A certified athletic trainer will be on-site at all times during camp hours. Any medical emergencies or illnesses will be referred to nearby Riverside Hospital.
1. The game will be divided into two (2) – 20 minute halves. This will be a running clock except for the last minute of the 2nd half.
2. Halftime intermission will be 3 minutes in length.
3. Mercy Rule – The clock will NOT stop during the last minute of the 2nd half if one team is leading by 15 or more points.
4. The game will begin with a jump ball and alternating possession will be used for the remainder of the game.
5. Each team will begin each half with 1 – Full Timeout and 1 – 30 Second Timeout (No timeouts carry over).
6. Substitutions can be made on dead balls and timeouts only. You must report to the scorer’s table at mid-court before entering the game.
a. 1 point + 1 free throw for all fouls in the act of shooting
b. 10+ fouls = 1 and 1 (No double bonus)
c. There will be no player disqualifications (Unlimited fouls per player)
d. Intentional or Technical fouls will result in 2 points and possession of the ball
8. High School FT Lane Rule will be used – Enter the lane on the release of the ball.
9. Overtime will be a one-minute period and is played like the last minute of the 2nd half. A jump ball will begin the overtime period. One extra 30 Second timeout will be awarded to each team at the beginning of the overtime period.
10. Second Overtime played as Sudden Death (first team to score wins). A jump ball will begin the second overtime period. Teams will not be allowed to utilize any timeouts during the second overtime period. If fouled in the act of shooting then the player MUST make the free throw in order to win the game otherwise play continues until the first team scores by putting the ball through the basket.
QUESTIONS CONTACT: Coach Broderick at William.Broderick@cnu.edu or (757) 594-7103