Junior Elite Winter Camp
2019 JUNIOR ELITE WINTER CAMP
|SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 17TH|
Grades: 4th - 7th, Girls
Check-In: 8:30 - 9:00 a.m. at the Indoor Training Center
Check Out: 1:00 p.m. at the Indoor Training Center
|8:30 a.m.||Camp Check-In|
|9:00 a.m.||Introductions / Warm Up|
|9:15 a.m.||Technical Training|
|11:00 a.m.||Training Session & Small Sided Games|
|1:00 p.m.||Camp Check Out|
The Junior Elite Winter Camp is designed for girls, grades 5th-7th to have a precursory experience as a high-level soccer player. Campers will be put through training sessions that will in some ways mirror the sessions that the Michigan Women’s Soccer Staff runs for their current team.
Each session will involve working with the campers physically, technically, as well as expanding their tactical knowledge. These sessions will be run by the Michigan Women’s Soccer Staff and will be assisted by former Michigan Women’s Soccer Players. Training sessions will conclude with match play.
There will be goalkeeper specific training sessions. Goalkeepers will train separately for the first half of each training session and then will join the field players for match play.
We will also include a Q&A where the campers will be able to engage in Q & A regarding what it is like to be a collegiate athlete while juggling academics and athletics.
Come join us and see what it is like to be a part of Michigan Women’s Soccer.
Location: Michigan Indoor Training Center & Oosterbaan Field House (1114 S. State St. Ann Arbor, MI 48104). Just past the Baseball Field (view map).
- From Detroit Metro Airport and points east: Take I-94 west to State Street (exit 177). Turn right. Travel north approximately 2 1/4 miles through two stoplights. Turn left just past Yost Ice Arena into parking lot. Indoor Training Center is located to the west of Yost Ice Arena and south of the Ferry Field track.
- From Chicago and points west: Take I-94 east to State Street (exit 177). Turn left. Travel north approximately 2 1/4 miles through three stoplights. Turn left just past Yost Ice Arena into parking lot. Indoor Training Center is located to the west of Yost Ice Arena and south of the Ferry Field track.
- From Toledo and points south: Take U.S. 23 north to I-94 west. Follow directions from Detroit Metro Airport.
- From Flint and points north: Take U.S. 23 south to I-94 west. Follow directions from Detroit Metro Airport.
Parking: Parking is available at the Athletic Lot (SC 20) and the Glick Lot from the State Street and Hoover Street entrances. Parking is free of charge and on a first come first served basis.
What To Bring:
- Soccer Ball (make sure to have your name on it)
- Water Bottle (make sure to have your name on it/water will be available to fill up)
- Soccer Cleats
- Shin Guards
- Second Sibling Discount: $15 off
- University of Michigan Athletic Staff Discount: UM Athletic Department Staff will receive 30% off admission of camp. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for staff promo code prior to registering for camp. University of Michigan staff outside of the athletic department will not receive a discount.
- Michigan Women's Soccer Camp Staff Discount: Michigan Girls Soccer Camp Staff children will receive complimentary admission to camp.
- Michigan Women's Soccer Alums Discount: Michigan Women’s Soccer Alums will receive 30% off admission of camp. Please to contact email@example.com for alum promo code prior to registering for camp.
Discounts cannot be combined.
Medical Care: First responders will be on hand at the fields during all field activity for minor injuries. Emergency care will be provided by the University of Michigan Hospital for more serious injuries. While the soccer camp provides secondary insurance, the campers’ health insurance will be used as the primary coverage and all forms will be on hand with the first responder.
Refund Policy: All cancellations must be requested in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If a cancellation occurs more than two weeks before camp all fees will be returned except $75 deposit for administrative fees. Cancellation after February 1st, 2019 will not receive a refund.
Weather Policy: In the event of severe weather (extreme heat, tornado, lightning, sustained rain), campers will be sheltered at the Indoor Training Facility or Oosterbaan Fieldhouse. When it is safe, campers will resume the daily activates.
Required Forms: All players must have had a physical within the past year. At camp check-in, players must turn in EITHER the signed Physical Form or a copy of the physical form provided by the doctor.
Open to any and all entrants; limited only by number, age, grade level, and/or gender.