Summer ID 2 Day Camp
2019 SUMMER ID 2 DAY CAMP
This camp is open to any and all girls ages 14-23 and will be directed by American University Head Women’s Soccer Coach, Anabel Jimenez Hering and her staff. ASC has a proven record of attracting quality players both local and across the country, with many of the current American University varsity team first identified at ASC while many others have gone on to attend some of the best Division I, II, and II schools in the nation. The camp is designed to be small in number, with maximum exposure and instruction given to each member. It is our goal for you to experience a safe, fun, and insightful clinic that will show you the rigors of being a Division I student-athlete. Sign up early to reserve your spot! We look forward to having you.
Date: Thursdays, August 1st & Friday, August 2nd
Ages: 14 - 23
Time: (August 1st) 9am - 6:30pm
Time: (August 2nd) 9am - 2:30pm
Location: Reeves Field
What To Bring:
- Pumped ball
- Shing guards
- Snacks & filled water bottle
- Rain gear
- Change of clothes
Summer ID 2 Day Camp
Session 1: 10am-12pm
Session 2: 1:45-3:15pm
Session 3: 5-6:30pm
Session 1: 9-10:30am
Session 2: 12:30-2:15pm
Closing remarks/dismissal: 2:30pm
Check in will be 9am Aug 1. Players will be released at the last session on Aug 1st at 6:30pm. Closing remarks and dismissal of camp will be at 2:30pm on Aug 2nd.
- The Summer ID 2 Day Camp will included some technical / tactical sessions, small sided games, 11v11 matches along with some shooting & finishing station work.
- Aside from the soccer portion there will be a campus tour, snack break (bring your own snack), and Q&A with the coaching staff and current AU players.
- Camp ends at 2:30pm Aug 2nd.
Overnight Options: Overnight accommodations must be arranged and paid for by the player. (View hotel options nearby)
Required Forms: All players must have had a physical within the past year from the start date of this camp. If you have or had any recent injuries, allergic reactions, or serious predisposed conditions please notify Anabel Hering and/or an American Soccer Camp coach and athletic trainer working the camp along with bringing any medications needed.
Parking / Drop Off / Pick-Up: Drop off / pick-up is at Reeves Field (4400 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington, D.C. 20016) behind the Bender Arena Building. Parking is free on the weekends in the Bender Arena Garage by the Watkins Building parking lot by the Jacobs Turf Field. (View map)
Medical: Certified College Athletic Trainers will be available at all times campers are engaged in athletic activities and will be on call at all other times. There will be camp counselors and staff on site at all times. The American University Student Health facility is also available on campus. Our training staff will be present at check in to answer any questions regarding medication or other medical issues. Any medications that a camper is authorized to take by their parent whether prescription or over the counter, must be disclosed on the Medical Release form and in its original container.
- Food options on campus are in the Bender Arena / Mary Graydon Center Buildings and under the tunnel in the middle of campus
- The book store is located between Bender Arena and Mary Graydon on the 2nd floor. Take the skywalk and up stairs or park in the 3rd floor of Bender Garage and the bookstore is through the right door of the garage.
- American Soccer Camp will cover lunch on Aug 1st and Aug 2nd. Players will be in charge of their own breakfast before the first sessions on Aug 1st and Aug 2nd, a snack in between session 2 and 3 and dinner after they are released on the first day. If there are any dietary restrictions please let the coaching staff know during check in on the first day.
Refund Policy: Please note that there are no refunds. If a prospective athlete is registered for an event and needs to miss then a credit for a future AU event can be applied.
Contact: Please contact Coach Declan Coll with any questions or concerns at 304-906-3362 or firstname.lastname@example.org