Men's Open Indoor Tournament
Loras College Soccer Camps
Men's Open Indoor Tournament
Format: Games will be 6v6 (5 and a goalkeeper) - 3 game guarantee. Games length will be 27 min long. Semi-finals and Championships will be 30 min. Will use a FUTSAL as ball.
PLEASE NOTE THAT LOCAL TEAMS MAY PLAY A GAME ON FRIDAY EVENING, FEB. 1
Cost: $160 per team
Limited to 16 teams
*Your team must first be registered using the Team/Coach Registration button. Once your team has been registered individual players from your team can registering using the player registration button and selecting your team from the drop down menu. If your team is not displayed in the drop down, then your team as NOT yet been registered.
Mail-In Registration (pdf)
Facility: Two fields running at same time. All games will be played in the Graber Sports Center or Loras College Field House– Loras College
Rules/Schedules: Rules and game schedules will be sent out prior to the tournament via e-mail
Awards: Champions will receive Loras College Soccer Tournament Champion t-shirts
Rules: The Loras College Indoor Soccer Tournament will follow all normal FIFA soccer rules and regulations with the exception of the following:
- All games will be 27 minutes in length and can end in a tie. Semifinals and Finals are 30 minute games (2 X 15 minute halves) with a 2 minute halftime. Games are 6v6 (5 and a keeper). Elimination games ending in a tie will be decided by the following “golden goal” format: There will be a five minute overtime period. If the game remains tied after this, the goalkeepers for both teams will be removed, and another two-minute overtime will commence. After each subsequent scoreless two-minute period, another player from both teams will be removed from the floor until a goal is scored.
- Any ball that crosses over either sideline will be put into play with an indirect kick. The East Wall will be in play! Balls hitting any portion of the building’s superstructure will be considered out of play. The team that touched the ball last shall be on defense with an indirect kick awarded to the opposition.
- All fouls shall result in a direct free kick from the spot of the infraction, unless the foul occurs in the penalty area. In this case, the restart shall be a penalty kick taken from the designated penalty spot.
- Sliding tackles (as determined by the game official) are not permitted.
- Offenses that merit a caution will result in a two-minute power play. In this case, the offending player will be removed from the game (without replacement) for two minutes, or until a goal is scored against his/her team, whichever comes first.
- Offenses that merit a player being sent off will result in that player being removed from the game (without replacement) for the duration of that game. The offending player will not be allowed to play in any further games for the duration of the tournament.
Tournament format based on number of teams in each individual age group. Ideally, top 4 teams advance to semifinals. The teams which advance to elimination round will be determined by the following criteria:
- Total Points (3 for a win, 1 for a tie)
- Head-to-Head Record
- Best Goal Differential
- Most Goals Scored
- Least Goals Against
- Substitutions will unlimited and “on the fly”.
The tournament directors reserve the right to modify, amend, and/or delete these tournament rules at any time. No protests are allowed – the game official’s ruling is final!!!
- Rock Bowl Stadium—home to Loras Soccer, features an all-weather turf surface and lights.
- Athletic and Wellness Center—includes a basketball/volleyball arena, two-level fitness center/weight room, locker rooms, coaches’ offices and athletic training room.
- Graber Sports Center and San Jose Pool
- Faber-Clark Field—Loras practice field
- Loras College Fieldhouse