The Volleyball Academy
2019 SUMMER CAMPS
The Volleyball Academy
The Academy is an elite 3-day experience unlike any other program in the region. There are only 60 slots available. Camp space will be extremely limited. Whether you have committed to college, looking at college options, or are looking to make your high school team, the program will jump start your fall and give you the edge necessary to achieve your goals.
- 15 hours of on-court instruction.
- Commuter option runs from 9am - 9pm.
- Sessions with University of Maryland Strength and Performance Coaches, including volleyball specific flexibility, core work, ankle knee and shoulder strength, conditioning and plyometrics.
- Sessions with University of Maryland Nutritionist.
- How to fuel your body for success, including tips for one day tournaments and multi-day qualifiers.
- Goal Setting and life skills session with Head Coach Adam Hughes to discuss recruiting and mapping out your high school and college goals.
- Position specific training and breakout sessions will lead to team drills and 6 on 6 play.
- Will also include the latest technology including VERT, and Video breakdown during sessions.
Frequently Asked Questions
What To Bring
Required Release Forms
- Self-Medication Form if you will be taking medication during camp.
Overnight Campers | What To Bring
- $85 Room Key Check Made out to Terp Volleyball LLC - Returned at checkout if room key is returned.
- Bedding For a Twin Sized Bed (Twin XL is NOT required).
- Enough comfortable workout clothes for 6 volleyball sessions (shorts, t-shirts, comfortable gym shoes, knee pads).
- Bathroom Essentials (Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Shampoo, etc.)
- Towel To Shower
- Comfortable shoes for time outside the gym.
- Snacks (We will eat dinner before the last session so you may be hungry).
- Water Bottle (We will have Gatorade onsite for you).
- Money For Pizza & Camp Store (at night you will have the option of ordering pizza through us so if you think you’ll be hungry, bring money! We’ll also have some fun volleyball apparel for sale every day in the gym).
Location & Parking
Parking is available in Lot 4b, which we have provided maps and directions to. You will need a parking pass, so if you plan to park during the duration of camp, we will provide you with parking information at the check-in table.
Arriving To UMD By Metro
Take the Green Line train (toward Greenbelt); get off at the College Park/U of MD station. The university's Shuttle-UM buses (#104) pick up university-bound passengers on the EAST side of the station. Buses are clearly marked UMD buses, #104. Get off the Shuttle-UM at the "M circle" (or second) stop. The Comcast Center is a 5-10 minute walk to your left of the M circle on Regents Drive. Continue on Regents Drive until you hit the Comcast Center. Enter in the doors to the bottom right of the main staircase (do not go up the main staircase) and the Volleyball Pavillion will be at the end of the hall on the right.
Maryland Volleyball Camps & Clinics are open to any and all entrants (limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender).