2019 TECHNIQUE CAMP
|JUNE 30TH - JULY 3RD|
Grades: 6th - 12th
Check-In: 10:00 - 11:30 a.m., June 30th
Resident Cost: $485 (Housing & Meals)
Commuter Cost: $385 (Does not include Meals)
All accounts that have a balance due must be paid in full 7 days prior to the start of the camp you selected.
For over 40 years, the Michigan Wrestling Camps have been held on the beautiful University of Michigan campus. Our Technique Camp, one of the finest in the nation, has been one of the most popular camps in the Midwest for over four decades. Michigan Wrestling is consistently regarded among the top programs in the country, and it only makes sense to learn from the best!
We have an outstanding staff and we teach the most successful technique used by elite wrestlers. This camp will include technique, drills, and position wrestling from the feet, top and bottom position. Instruction will cover hand fighting to control tie-ups, multiple set-ups, counter-attacks, and tactics of high-percentage scoring technique on the feet. Effective riding and mat returns with an emphasis on turning and pinning will be taught from the top position, which includes breakdowns, wrist rides, tilts, arm bars, and cradles. With an offensive mindset from the bottom position, instruction will focus on high percentage techniques for maintaining a base, escapes, and reversals.
We feature guest lectures, a tournament, developmental and recreational games, which will guarantee a successful week for any wrestler who aspires to be a champion. Teaching and learning winning technique and strategies is our primary focus, but providing a fun "total clinic experience" is also important to our staff. Come join the Wolverines for a week at our Technique Camp and learn from the best!
Camp Highlights and Features:
- One of the most successful camps in the Midwest!
- 15 hours of technical instruction
- Basic to advanced skills and winning technique will be emphasized
- Organized drilling, sparring, and position wrestling
- Individual tournament by weight class
- Awards given to individual champions
UM Indoor Training Building
1150 South State St.
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
See more information on our Facility description page. Click here.
Team Discount: Teams attending camp with any of the following criteria, please contact Jeanne Loveland at email@example.com for promo code prior to registering.
- 5 - 9 Wrestlers: $10 savings per wrestler
- 10 - 19 Wrestlers: $15 savings per wrestler
- 20 or more Wrestlers: $20 savings per wrestler
- Multiple Camp Discount: Wrestlers who attend multiple weeks of camp will receive an additional $35 discount off their subsequent camp(s).
- Sibling Discount: Families who send multiple children to camp will receive a $35 discount on second and subsequent siblings.
Refund Policy: There is a $100 non-refundable deposit. All cancellations must be communicated to Jeanne Loveland (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to the start of camp. There will be no refunds given after the start of camp.
Note: Please have all medical / insurance information handy prior to beginning online registration. You will be asked to provide medical history, insurance information, etc.
All campers have the option of uploading a physical, if they would like it on file for our trainers. If uploading a physical we ask that it was completed within the past year and signed by a physician. Players can upload their PHYSICAL FORM during registration.
Upload Physical Examination Information Form
- Pick-up authorization required for each camp. Name, number, relationship too.
Open to any and all entrants; limited only by number, age, grade level, and/or gender.