2019 HEAVYWEIGHT CAMP
|JUNE 30TH - JULY 3RD|
Grades: 8th - 12th
Check-In: 10:00 - 11:30 a.m., June 30th
Resident Cost: $485
Commuter Cost: $385
Over the years, the Michigan wrestling program has continued to develop outstanding heavyweights that have succeeded at the national and international level. Heavyweight is the most unique weight class in wrestling as it relates to body type and size / weight variance. With that in mind, the Michigan Heavyweight Camp concentrates on techniques and strategies that have proven successful for heavyweight wrestlers in all three positions: feet, top, and bottom. Assisting our camp staff in the week-long instruction will be the current Wolverine heavyweights.
We invite and welcome 220 and 215-pound wrestlers to attend the heavyweight camp and typically have had many over the years. Come join us for a week at the Michigan Heavyweight Camp, and learn to dominate the "Big Boys"!
Camp Highlights and Features:
- One of the top heavyweight camps in the country
- 15 hours of technical instruction
- Upper and lower body techniques and tactics
- Position wrestling
- Individual tournament by weight class
- Awards given to individual champions
UM Indoor Training Building
1150 South State St.
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Team Discount: Teams attending camp with any of the following criteria, please contact Jeanne Loveland at email@example.com for promo code prior to registering.
- 5 - 9 Wrestlers: $10 savings per wrestler
- 10 - 19 Wrestlers: $15 savings per wrestler
- 20 or more Wrestlers: $20 savings per wrestler
- Multiple Camp Discount: Wrestlers who attend multiple weeks of camp will receive an additional $35 discount off their subsequent camp(s).
- Sibling Discount: Families who send multiple children to camp will receive a $35 discount on second and subsequent siblings.
Refund Policy: There is a $100 non-refundable deposit. All cancellations must be communicated to Jeanne Loveland (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to the start of camp. There will be no refunds given after the start of camp.
Note: Please have all medical / insurance information handy prior to beginning online registration. You will be asked to provide medical history, insurance information, etc.
Required Forms: All players must have had a physical within the past year and it must be signed by a physician. A physical examination form from your doctor OR this PHYSICAL FORM must be uploaded to the campers account no later than one week prior to the start of camp. University trainers are required to review the physicals prior to the start of camp. No camper will be permitted to participate in any University of Michigan camp with out a physical exam form that meets these requirements.
Open to any and all entrants; limited only by number, age, grade level, and/or gender.