2019 HEAVYWEIGHT CAMP
|JUNE 30TH - JULY 3RD|
Grades: 8th - 12th
Check-In: 10:00 - 11:30 a.m., June 30th
Resident Cost: $485 (Housing & Meals)
Commuter Cost: $385 (Does not include meals)
Over the years, the Michigan wrestling program has continued to develop outstanding heavyweights that have succeeded at the national and international level. Heavyweight is the most unique weight class in wrestling as it relates to body type and size / weight variance. With that in mind, the Michigan Heavyweight Camp concentrates on techniques and strategies that have proven successful for heavyweight wrestlers in all three positions: feet, top, and bottom. Assisting our camp staff in the week-long instruction will be the current Wolverine heavyweights.
We invite and welcome 200 - 300 pound wrestlers to our Heavyweight camp. We typically have had many in this weight range attend over the years. Come join us at the Michigan Heavyweight Camp and learn to dominate the "Big Boys" !
Camp Highlights and Features:
- One of the top heavyweight camps in the country
- 15 hours of technical instruction
- Upper and lower body techniques and tactics
- Position wrestling
- Individual tournament by weight class
- Awards given to individual champions
UM Indoor Training Building
1150 South State St.
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
See more information on our Facility description page. Click here.
Team Discount: Teams attending camp with any of the following criteria, please contact Jeanne Loveland at email@example.com for promo code prior to registering.
- 5 - 9 Wrestlers: $10 savings per wrestler
- 10 - 19 Wrestlers: $15 savings per wrestler
- 20 or more Wrestlers: $20 savings per wrestler
- Multiple Camp Discount: Wrestlers who attend multiple weeks of camp will receive an additional $35 discount off their subsequent camp(s).
- Sibling Discount: Families who send multiple children to camp will receive a $35 discount on second and subsequent siblings.
Refund Policy: There is a $100 non-refundable deposit. All cancellations must be communicated to Jeanne Loveland (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to the start of camp. There will be no refunds given after the start of camp.
Note: Please have all medical / insurance information handy prior to beginning online registration. You will be asked to provide medical history, insurance information, etc.
Forms: All campers have the option of uploading a physical, if they would like it on file for our trainers. If uploading a physical we ask that it was completed within the past year and signed by a physician. Players can upload their PHYSICAL FORM during registration.
Open to any and all entrants; limited only by number, age, grade level, and/or gender.