Leg Riding Intensive Camp
2019 LEG RIDING INTENSIVE CAMP
|JUNE 28TH - 29TH|
Grades: 5 - 12
Check-In: 9:00 - 9:45a.m., June 28th
(This is a commuter camp)
Hosted at the Wolverines' state-of-the-art Bahna Wrestling Center, the Michigan Leg Riding Intensive Camp will feature two days of technique and drilling to develop an in depth understanding for both leg riding offense and defense through an immersion in the following areas: How to effectively get the "legs" in, a series of actions and reactions to control an opponent and ultimately work for the fall, how to keep the "legs" out from the bottom position and how to defend and wrestle from the bottom against a leg rider. Similar to wrestling on the feet, organized drilling and sparring to learn, further develop and improve technique will also be implemented during the camp sessions.
This camp will run from Friday to Saturday with daily sessions from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 12:45 - 2:45 p.m. Registration will be Friday from 9:00 - 9:45 a.m. Sessions will be organized and taught by the University of Michigan wrestling camp staff. Participants will be responsible for their own lunch. Parents are welcome to observe all camp sessions; bleacher seating is available for spectators. Wireless internet connection is also available.
Camp Highlights and Features:
- Held at the state-of-the-art Bahna Wrestling Center where the Wolverines practice
- 8 hours of individual instruction on a leg riding series
- A proven system of successful leg riding technique for all levels of wrestling
- Organized drilling and sparring segments will be implemented
- Live position wrestling for techniques covered
- Commuters only; no housing will be provided
Bahna Wrestling Center
2350 South State St.
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Team Discount: Teams attending camp with any of the following criteria, please contact Jeanne Loveland at email@example.com for promo code prior to registering.
- 5 - 9 Wrestlers: $10 savings per wrestler
- 10 - 19 Wrestlers: $15 savings per wrestler
- 20 or more Wrestlers: $20 savings per wrestler
- Multiple Camp Discount: Wrestlers who attend multiple weeks of camp will receive an additional $35 discount off their subsequent camp(s).
- Sibling Discount: Families who send multiple children to camp will receive a $35 discount on second and subsequent siblings.
Refund Policy: There is a $100 non-refundable deposit. All cancellations must be communicated to Jeanne Loveland (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to the start of camp. There will be no refunds given after the start of camp.
Note: Please have all medical / insurance information handy prior to beginning online registration. You will be asked to provide medical history, insurance information, etc.
Required Forms: All players must have had a physical within the past year and it must be signed by a physician. A physical examination form from your doctor OR this PHYSICAL FORM must be uploaded to the campers account no later than one week prior to the start of camp. University trainers are required to review the physicals prior to the start of camp. No camper will be permitted to participate in any University of Michigan camp with out a physical exam form that meets these requirements.
Open to any and all entrants; limited only by number, age, grade level, and/or gender.