Women's Wrestling Camp
2019 WOMEN'S WRESTLING CAMP
|JUNE 30TH - JULY 2ND|
Grades: 6th - 12th
Check-In: 10:00 - 11:30 a.m., June 30th
Resident Cost: $385 (Housing & Meals)
Commuter Cost: $285 (Does not include meals)
All accounts that have a balance due must be paid in full 7 days prior to the start of the camp you selected.
Go for the gold! We are excited to launch our first three-day camp dedicated to female wrestlers. This camp will concentrate on both folkstyle and freestyle wrestling technique, drilling and live wrestling. For over 40 years, the Michigan Wrestling Camps have been held on the beautiful University of Michigan campus, and we are excited to help grow and advance women’s wrestling.
We have an outstanding world class staff, headlined by world silver medalist Sarah Hildebrandt, teaching the most successful techniques used by elite wrestlers. This camp will include technique, drills and position wrestling from the feet and mat. Instruction will cover hand fighting to control tie-ups, multiple set-ups, counter-attacks, zone work and tactics of high-percentage scoring technique on the feet. Effective turns on top with an emphasis on transitioning right into a turn off the takedown; which includes variations of the leg lace, gut wrench, tilts, crotch lifts, leg riding turns, and turks. A fun training aspect of “sparring” will also be implemented during the camp sessions to learn, further develop and improve technique and essential chain wrestling skills.
We feature guest lectures, developmental and recreational games, which will guarantee a successful week for any wrestler who aspires to be a champion. Teaching and learning winning technique and strategies is our primary focus, but providing a fun “total clinic experience” is also important to our staff.
Come join the WOLVERINES at our Women’s Wrestling Camp and learn from the best!
Camp Highlights and Features:
- 12 hours of technical Instruction
- Exposure to techniques/training currently used at the elite levels of wrestling
- Organized drilling, sparring, and position wrestling
- Versatility in offensive and counter-offensive attacks will be stressed
- Organized drilling and sparring segments will be implemented
- Competitive live and position wrestling
Team Discount: Teams attending camp with any of the following criteria, please contact Jeanne Loveland at email@example.com for promo code prior to registering.
- 5 - 9 Wrestlers: $10 savings per wrestler
- 10 - 19 Wrestlers: $15 savings per wrestler
- 20 or more Wrestlers: $20 savings per wrestler
- Multiple Camp Discount: Wrestlers who attend multiple weeks of camp will receive an additional $35 discount off their subsequent camp(s).
- Sibling Discount: Families who send multiple children to camp will receive a $35 discount on second and subsequent siblings.
UM Indoor Training Building
1150 South State St.
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
See more information on our Facility description page. Click here.
Refund Policy: There is a $100 non-refundable deposit. All cancellations must be communicated to Jeanne Loveland (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to the start of camp. There will be no refunds given after the start of camp.
Note: Please have all medical / insurance information handy prior to beginning online registration. You will be asked to provide medical history, insurance information, etc.
All campers have the option of uploading a physical, if they would like it on file for our trainers. If uploading a physical we ask that it was completed within the past year and signed by a physician. Players can upload their PHYSICAL FORM during registration.
Upload Physical Examination Information Form
- Pick-up authorization required for each camp. Name, number, relationship too.
Open to any and all entrants; limited only by number, age, grade level, and/or gender.