Summer Team Duals Camp
Team Duals Camp
Bill Schindel is the head wrestling coach at Adrian College. Schindel Camps focus on individualized instruction to help athletes gain a competitive edge during the off season. Expect to improve on all facets of wrestling- stance, positioning, mat strategy, and technique.
|June 13th & 14th|
Who: Wrestlers in the 7- 12 grade during the 2020-2021 school year.
Check in: Check in Saturday, June 13th at 8:00 am – 10:00 am
Duals - Saturday, June 13th 10:00 am – 6:00pm, Sunday, June 14th 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Teams Cost: Commuting teams - $600 per team of 8 to 14 wrestlers
Overnight teams - $900 per team of 8 to 14 wrestlers
Second Team - $500 Commuting, $800 Overnight
Additional Wrestlers / Individual Rates
$50 Commuting wrestler
$75 Overnight wrestler
Stay in dorms on Friday, June 12th - $200
Location: Adrian College- Merillat Center Wrestling Room 146 N. Charles Street, Adrian, MI 49221
Details: Teams will compete in 11 dual matches
We need all rosters by MONDAY, June 8th.
- This will help us make packets for every team.
- You will receive a packet of everyone’s roster so you can find individuals extra matches outside of your scheduled duals.
- Chairs are limited, feel free to bring a lawn chair.
We will be using modified High School scoring.
- Three - minute and half periods
- Two and four point near fall.
- College rules for out of bounds
- Officials will be college wrestlers (please be understanding)
High School weight classes plus 5lbs.
- 111, 118, 125, 131, 137, 143, 150, 157, 165, 175, 187, 200, 225, 290
- Home Weigh-ins (please be honest)
- Each team will provide someone to keep score and/or time.
- Additional wrestlers over the 14 maximum cost $50 (Commuter teams) or $75 (Overnight teams) per wrestler
- Showers will be available on Sunday.
- We will have four athletic trainers on site.
Food is not included for overnight teams.
- We will have a concession stand available during the camp
- We can also provide a list of restaurants per your request
- Overnight package includes up to 3 coaches
- Every overnight camper has their own bed in the dorms. (Typically, two to a room)
- Linens are not included but can be rented for $10 per athlete. (Twin size beds)
- Teams can stay an additional night (Friday) for a charge of $200
Dorm room Rules
- Lights out at 11 pm
- The doors lock at 10 pm
- Lost keys are charged $50
- Check out will be on Sunday at 7:30 am.
Schedule (times are just an estimate)
- Check-in 8-10 am
- Technique 9-10 am
- 10am - 11:00 am Round 1
- 11:00am - 12:00 pm Round 2
- 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm Round 3
- 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Round 4
- 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm Round 5
- 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm Round 6
- 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm free time, pickup games in the blue gym.
- 10:00 pm outside doors lock
- 11:00 pm Lights out
- 7:30 am Check out of dorms
- 9:00 am - 10:00 am Round 1
- 10:00 am - 11:00 am Round 2
- 11:00 am - 12:00 pm Round 3
- 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm Round 4
Camp Check List
- Wrestling Shoes
- Two days of workout clothes
- Headgear/ kneepads/ mouth guard
- Running shoes
- Spending money (food/items for sale at camp)
- Dormitory needs
- Alarm clock /Phone charger
- Fan (Fans can be rented for $10)
- At Zz's Sports Bar & Grill
- 520 College Ave # 1, Adrian, MI 49221
- 10:30 pm on Saturday night